50 Beginner Golf Tips For New Starters - The Golf Grange
Updated: Mar 1
When starting out in golf it's best to just get yourself out on the golf course and get swinging.
That's all well and good, but if you could have some tips to help you get going. It could make a hell of a difference.
So if you want your fill of some beginner golf tips then please take a look at what we have to offer below.
1. Start by learning the basics of grip, stance, and alignment.
2. Keep your head still and maintain good posture throughout your swing.
3. Take a practice swing before each shot to get a feel for the club and the shot.
4. Use a slower backswing and a faster downswing for more consistent shots.
5. Make sure to keep your weight evenly distributed between both feet.
6. Keep your eye on the ball and avoid looking up before you hit the ball.
7. Use a grip that is comfortable for your hands and allows for a smooth swing.
8. Practice your swing regularly to build muscle memory and consistency.
9. Focus on hitting the ball with the sweet spot of your club for the best results.
10. Use a consistent pre-shot routine to help you stay focused and calm.
11. Learn how to properly read greens to improve your putting.
12. Experiment with different types of shots, such as a draw or a fade.
13. Try using different clubs to see which ones work best for you.
14. Take a lesson from a professional to get personalized instruction.
15. Play with more experienced golfers to learn from their experience.
16. Be patient with yourself and don't get discouraged if you don't improve immediately.
17. Use proper club selection for each shot to maximize distance and accuracy.
18. Keep your elbow close to your body during your swing for more control.
19. Use a light grip pressure for a more relaxed swing.
20. Try different tee heights to find the one that works best for you.
21. Focus on your target and not the hazards around the hole.
22. Take your time when making a shot and don’t rush.
23. Focus on the rhythm and tempo of your swing.
24. Check your alignment before each shot.
25. Learn how to properly chip and pitch the ball.
26. Take a deep breath before each shot to relax and focus.
27. Learn how to properly use a sand wedge.
28. Use your body weight to generate power in your swing.
29. Practice your swing with different types of shots and clubs.
30. Use a divot tool to repair ball marks on the green.
31. Learn how to properly play out of bunkers.
32. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from other golfers.
33. Always wear appropriate clothing and shoes for the course.
34. Use a rangefinder or GPS device to measure distances.
35. Make sure your clubs are properly fitted for your body.
If your looking for your first golf set and havn't got one in mind then check out this package set below:
Fazer CTR25 Graphite Package Set Review
36. Pay attention to wind speed and direction when making a shot.
37. Learn how to properly use a putter.
38. Practice your short game regularly.
39. Try different golf balls to see which ones work best for you.
40. Keep your body relaxed during your swing.
41. Learn how to properly use a hybrid club.
42. Use your hips and shoulders to generate power in your swing.
43. Use proper club grip for each club you use.
44. Use the correct club for each shot.
45. Practice your swing in different weather conditions.
46. Learn how to properly use a fairway wood.
47. Learn how to properly use an iron.
48. Use a pre-shot routine to help you focus.
49. Learn how to properly use a driver.
50. Use a proper stance when making a shot.
So there you have it, 50 quick but effective pointers for beginner golfers. We have a lot more in depth articles on certain aspects of golf so please take a look at these below.
Best Beginner Golf Driving Tips